Bumb’ingomso leads the Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality STI and Condom Week event.
The Bumb’ingomso Behaviour Change Intervention team from Small Project Foundation Team took part in the BCMM STI and Condom Week event at the Ducats community. The event was hosted by the Department of Health and the BCMM Youth HIV/AIDS desk and the theme was “I am responsible for my Sexual and Reproductive Health.”
The BI team was well represented by our mentors who took charge and interacted with the commununity. Our shining star for the day was Nandipha Buyana, who performed a very informative Condom demonstration, which is a helpful tool in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
This campaign stands by the following pillars.
It is my responsibility to:
- Know signs and symptoms of STIs
- Seek medical help with the first sign of STIs
- Know my HIV status by testing regularly
- Invite my partner to be treated for STIs
- Delay my sexual debut
- Have one faithful partner
- Use condoms correctly and consistently
- To always communicate my health status (including my HIV status) to my health care provider in order to receive appropriate care
We look forward to taking part in more information campaigns that encourage our youth to #BeMoreVital.